What’s one of the most important pages on your website?
Your home page?
Your services section?
While they are all important in creating your overall brand, there is one page that stands out above the rest, and has the most impact in converting a complete stranger into a potential prospect. Yet its also one of the pages we think the least about, and throw up more as an afterthought.
It’s the About Us page.
Statistics continually show your About Us page is the second most trafficked page on your site. Yet if it’s just a few bullet points, a few sentences that give basic information about you, it’s also the number one page that is holding you back.
Your About Us page should be used to sell who you are and what you can do. And while that sounds easy in theory, statistics also show its one of the most difficult pages for people to write. There’s something about “tooting your own horn” that people simply find impossible. They consider it bragging. And therefore they write up a few sentences and leave it at that.
Having trouble writing up your own About Us page?
Maybe its time to let someone else do it for you.
With our newest service, we’ll do our research, ask the right questions, and put together a page that will help you reach out and connect with your prospects and customers.
And through the month of July, you can get it for 25% off.
Adding The Pizzazz To Your About Us Page
1. Start with a story. Every business started with one late night idea that built up because of passion. Whether you worked for someone else and wanted to make a break, or had a hobby you loved and wanted to grow it into something more, that passion is what built the business. People love to hear that story. They love to know what was “the moment” for you, and what persuaded you to take action and create the business you are in today.
2. Who else loves you? Over the years, you’ve accumulated awards and accolades. Now is the time to share them with the world. Whether it’s a degree in your field, finishing a week long seminar and training session in Italy, or a 1st place award from the county fair, that’s you starting point. That’s why you are doing what you do today. And someone else has appreciated what you do as well.
3. Say it with a photograph. I’m always amazed at the number of people who don’t have a photograph on their website. Why? Be creative with it. Showcase your personality. Don’t just use a bad photo a friend shot at your last party. Head to a professional for a business photograph. Tell them what you’ll be using it for, and ask for low resolution files to add throughout your site, blog and social platforms.
4. Use different media tools. The great thing about the online world is you have a variety of tools available to you to enhance your look and feel. Use them all to showcase what you do. YouTube, SlideShare, Photoshop and others offer you amazing tools to create a variety of ways to showcase your talents. Don’t be afraid to use this new technology to make them say “wow”.
5. Ask for comments. Instead of telling people about you, ask your current customers what they think. Then use those in your About Us page as well. Chances are they can say it better, and your prospects will completely relate to what they have to say about who you are and what you offer.
Bottom Line: Online or off, the ultimate job of self-promotion comes down to us, the business owner. If you can’t toot your own horn and make yourself stand out from the competition, it’s that much harder to convince people to use your products and services. It’s your time to shine. What’s holding you back?